This amazing herb sauce tastes great on everything AND will keep your immune system boosted. It is cold and flu season in my house (I am pretty sure it has been for about 3 months…) and it seems like once my 3 year old catches a bug, it is just a matter of time before the rest of us get it. However, I have a remedy – this herb sauce!
Garlic, ginger, and onions are incredible for fighting off germs. Sure, you can make a medicinal tea (and try to make yourself drink it) and you can eat raw cloves of garlic (yikes!), but I have a better idea. Make this delicious sauce/dip/spread instead. It is full of all of those immune boosting foods, and it tastes amazing too.
I seriously made this yesterday and pretty much finished it off already. I put it on my roasted cauliflower, on top of a fried egg, on a bean burrito, and even on rice crackers with goat cheese! If you’re a carnivore, I imagine it would also be amazing on any kind of meat.
A few notes re: the endless versatility of this recipe:
- This recipe features cilantro, which I personally LOVE. But I know lots of folks abhor it. No problem, use fresh parsley instead. The flavour profile will be completely different, and you’ll probably appreciate it more :).
- Wish it was sweeter? Add a tablespoon of maple syrup or honey.
- Love spicy food? Add a seeded, roughly chopped jalapeno.
Amazing Herb Sauce for Everything!
A bright, fresh, delicious herb sauce that tastes great on everything AND will boost your immune system.
- 1 bunch washed cilantro (or parsley) :just chop off the lower stems and add the whole bunch!
- 1/2 white onion, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 1" chunk of peeled ginger root, roughly chopped
- 1 lime (just the juice) :feel free to sub with lemon or apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp sea salt
Place all ingredients in your food processor.
Pulse together until you have a rough, sauce-like consistency.
Eat on everything!!!